The SEQ-U1 is a 120V 20 amp three-bank AC power sequencer incorporating SurgeX® power conditioning and surge protection. The surge protection is rated A-1-1, the highest standard of UL 1449 Adjunct Endurance Testing. The two rack-space steel enclosure is designed to be installed in a 19 inch equipment rack. A total of fourteen 120V receptacles are provided on the rear panel, two of which are always on, with the remaining twelve configured as three sequenced banks of four receptacles, labeled A, B and C. The front panel houses a three-line back-lit LCD display which provides status information in normal use and allows interaction with menu items during programming. Also accessible on the front panel are two screwdriver accessible rotary encoders which are used to step through and select from a menu of items controlling the operation of the unit. There is a red push button which can be used to power up or power down the unit from the front panel. This button can be disabled if not required. A built-in AC voltmeter indicates the line voltage on the third line of the LCD display. The internal voltmeter is a peak reading type which was chosen because most electronic equipment incorporates a power supply that charges mostly during the AC peaks. Monitoring the peak of the AC provides a more useful indication of the actual voltage available to the electronic equipment plugged into the SX2120-SEQ.
The SEQ-U1 is microprocessor controlled and designed to be versatile and expandable. Two or more SEQs can be connected together to provide control and power conditioning for larger systems. The SEQ can also control other SurgeX® products with its auxiliary relay contacts to provide for expandability. All options are set via the front panel and all connections are made at the rear panel. This avoids removing the unit from the rack and/or opening the case to make adjustments or connections. An optional password of up to six letters can be entered preventing unauthorized access to set-up information. All set-up information is stored in a non-volatile memory. A plug-in Phoenix terminal block on the rear panel accommodates the remote control connections and also the low-voltage outputs. There are three inputs which control sequencing from remote locations; one programmable 12V dc output; and one programmable auxiliary relay providing a pair of normally-open contacts. The inputs can be controlled by an applied DC voltage from 5V to 30V, by a contact closure, or by different types of switch; the input selection being made during programming. The inputs and 12V output are designed to withstand incorrect connections including polarity reversal and shorts.
- Unsurpassed SurgeX® power conditioning and surgeprotection
- Sequencer can be controlled from the front panel andfrom remote locations
- All time delays and functions easily programmed fromthe front panel
- All connections made at the rear panel
- Accepts both DC voltage and contact closure typeinputs
- Two or more units can be ganged or cascaded togetherto handle larger systems
- Programmable auxiliary relay output can be used tocontrol other SurgeX® products
- Built-in AC Voltmeter
- Over-ride input can be used to force unit off orforce unit on
- Optional password can be used to prevent unauthorizedaccess to set-up information
- Adjustable under-voltage and over-voltage shut-down
- Programmable 12V dc output can be used to drive LEDsor a small relay
- Can be programmed to restore power-on condition aftera power failure or to remain off
- Auxiliary relay or 12V dc output can be programmed to provide confirmation feedback