TASCAM's DA-6400 is an all-new 64-track recorder that records to an internal SSD drive caddy for live and event recording. Professional I/O options like MADI and DANTE make it ideal for live recording, event capture, or as a backup for critical DAW sessions. Available with a single or dual/redundant power supply, the DA-6400 is an unbeatable option for professional remote recording.
Included with the DA-6400 is an AK-CC25 hot-swappable caddy containing a high-performance 240GB TASCAM solid-state drive. The caddy includes a USB 3 jack for stand-alone use - simply hand the drive to the client to offload the BWAV files into their DAW session. The DA-6400 records 64 tracks at 48kHz/24-bit or 32 tracks at 96kHz/24-bit. Included on the rear panel are SMPTE timecode, word clock, RS-422, parallel and Ethernet connections. I/O options for the DA-6400 include the IF-MA64/EX interface card, with both coaxial and optical MADI connections.
This card includes a redundant coaxial connection so that MADI is passed through even if power is lost, making it an ideal backup recorder for DAW sessions. Other I/O options include the lower-cost IF-MA64/BN coaxial MADI card, IF-DA64 Dante card, and IF-AE16 AES/EBU card, with more to come.
No dedicated recorder combines the high performance, flexible operation, and complete reliability of TASCAM's DA-6400 solid-state 64-track recorder.
A stable, reliable 64-channel digital multitrack recorder
The DA-6400 uses an embedded operating system for quick startup and simple operation. The system is designed for reliable recording when using high sampling rates and large amounts of data transmission. Files are saved approximately every 20 seconds during recording, so data losses due to unexpected power supply interruptions are kept to a minimum. Recording and playback is supported at up to 96kHz/24-bit (32 tracks) for incredibly detailed master tracks.
The DA-6400 records to solid-state drives (SSD), the ideal format due to their excellent vibration protection, environmental resistance, and simple, maintenance-free operation. TASCAM has created our own SSD, designed for and thoroughly tested with DA-6400 recorders without the automatic "housekeeping" features that can cause disks to drop out of record. Internal components, including IC control elements, have been carefully selected and constantly tested lot by lot with the parts manufacturers to maintain quality specifications.
The included 240GB SSD is pre-installed into a removable AK-CC25 storage case. Using the swappable bay in the DA-6400 unit, drives can be hot-swapped and then given to clients. The AK-CC25 case includes a USB 3 jack for rapid transfer to DAW systems.
Another feature designed to maintain reliable recording is the high-precision internal sample clock, a temperature-compensated (TCXO) crystal oscillator with +/-1ppm operation. For the most critical installations, a dual power supply version (DA-6400DP) is available.
- Supports recording/playback of 64 channels at 48kHz/24-bit or 32 channels at 96kHz/24-bit PCM
- AC power redundancy built in (DA-6400dp only)
- The perfect backup recording system for synchronized capture with Pro Tools systems
- Cascade connection of two units enables playback and recordings of up to 128 channels (supported with V2.10)
- Playlist and Theater play function (supported with V2.00)
- 2.5-inch SSD recording media with excellent vibration and environmental resistance as well as maintenance-free operation.
- (Note: HDD support currently under development)
- Includes TASCAM SSD - designed with custom controller parts and thoroughly tested using DA-6400 units
- Hot swappable AK-CC25 case loads into front-loaded storage bay with USB 3 I/O port for transfer to DAW computer
- AK-CC25 with TASCAM 240GB SSD drive included with unit
- Hi-visibility Color LCD (320 Ã— 120 pixels)