Designed with an emphasis on sound quality over bells and whistles, the Sennheiser MK 4 Set is a large-diaphragm true condenser microphone bundled with a vibration-reducing shockmount. The mic offers warm and detailed audio capture that complements a range of sources from vocals and speech to acoustic instruments, drum overheads, guitar amps, and more. Since it incorporates an internally shock-mounted capsule and a rugged metal housing, the MK 4 is not only an obvious choice for the studio, but also a dependable companion on stage.
The MK 4 features a large 1" diaphragm plated in 24kt gold to enhance conductivity, resist corrosion, and yield a tone based on the e 965 vocal mic. The cardioid polar pattern strongly rejects sound behind the mic while picking up side-entry sound without coloration. The mic's low-noise circuitry further solidifies it as a studio mic capable of meeting the demands of digital recording systems. The included shockmount utilizes an open-front design to allow closer placement than traditional shockmount designs. Use an XLR mic cable (available separately) to connect the MK 4 to any mic preamp that can supply 48V phantom power.
- True condenser design with 1" large-diaphragm capsule
- 24kt gold-plated diaphragm
- Rugged metal housing
- Internally shock-mounted capsule minimizes structure-borne noise
- Designed for project studios and stage use
- Low inherent self-noise (10 dBA) and high maximum SPL (140 dB)
- Balanced XLR 3-pin output connector
- Requires 48V phantom power
- Includes MKS 4 shockmount, compact stand mount, and drawstring pouch
- Made in Germany