Saros® speakers by Crestron® deliver professional grade performance and flexible installation in a range of popular sizes for demanding commercial or residential applications. Solid construction, easy installation, and high-end components are hallmarks of the Saros speaker line. Ideal for use in background or foreground music, paging, and sound reinforcement systems, Saros speakers are engineered to achieve smooth, even coverage , high output, and clear, natural sound quality through the employment of horn-loaded titanium dome tweeters, high-efficiency damped cone woofers, ported enclosures, and precisely tuned crossovers.
The Saros SR4T model is a 2-way surface-mount speaker featuring a 4 inch woofer and horn-loaded 3/4 inch dome tweeter. A built-in 30 Watt multi-tap transformer allows for use with 70 and 100 Volt distributed speaker systems. Power handling at 8 Ohms is an ample 100 Watts (program), with a frequency range from 80 Hz to 18 kHz (-10 dB).
The Saros SR4T is smartly designed for quick and easy installation and years of reliable performance. Its clean, contoured enclosure achieves an attractive appearance in restaurants and night clubs, retail spaces, houses of worship, convention facilities, universities, office buildings, and custom homes. Weatherized construction allows for use in outdoor entertainment venues, decks, patios, locker rooms, and swimming pools.
Featuring a unique "QuickBall" mounting system, the Saros SR4T can be mounted to any solid flat surface with the ability to orient and aim the speaker in virtually any position. The QuickBall bracket achieves a very clean and stable installation using a tool-free ball-and-socket mechanism. Simply position the speaker as desired and flip the clamp lever closed. A security screw is included to deter theft by preventing the lever from being released.
The QuickBall mounting bracket can be mounted over a 1-gang US, UK, or European electrical box, allowing wiring to be run through the wall and exit cleanly through the included cover plate. It can also be mounted to a light pole or post using pole-mounting straps (not included). A rear rigging point is also provided for securing the speaker using the optional safety tether kit (SPKA-ST-15 ).
Connecting the wire at the back of the speaker is facilitated using a detachable screw terminal block with provisions for easy parallel wiring in multi-speaker applications. A weather boot is included to protect the wiring connections from moisture. Setting the 70/100V transformer tap is done via a recessed screwdriver-adjustable control on the rear.
Saros SR4T speakers are available in white or black, and can be painted to blend with the surrounding architecture. They are priced individually, but must be ordered in pairs.
- High-performance 2-way surface mount speaker
- Designed for high reliability in both indoor and outdoor applications
- 4" polypropylene woofer with damped cloth surround for tight, controlled bass and clear midrange
- Optimized dual front ports for enhanced low-frequency response
- Horn-loaded titanium dome tweeter for crisp, clear high end and enhanced pattern control
- Built-in 30 Watt 70/100V multi-tap transformer
- Rigid ABS plastic construction with powder coated aluminum grille
- IPx4 splash-proof rated, weatherized construction
- Versatile and easy-to-install "QuickBall" mounting system
- Allows 360° rotation and continuously variable positioning
- 100 Watts program power handling at 8 Ohms
- 80 Hz - 18 kHz frequency range
- Available in black or white
- Paintable to blend with surroundings