The NewTek Spark Plus I/O SDI is an IP video converter designed for the NewTek open-source NDI standard. It supports up to 1080p60 input and output from NDI to 3G-SDI and from 3G-SDI to NDI. It allows you to connect your camera, webcam, or computer to stream live over the internet or other broadcast platforms. The Spark Plus SDI is controlled via a web-based user interface for configuration and monitoring.
The NDI protocol allows all NDI-compatible video equipment to freely recognize and interact with one another, as long they're connected to the same network. The Spark SDI Plus is designed to stream 3G-SDI video from a video source into a computer or IP-based video workflow for gaming, corporate meetings, broadcast programming, or other streaming media presentations. It also allows you to convert any 3G-SDI source for compatibility with hundreds of NDI-compatible systems, devices, and applications that can be connected on the same network, enabling you to efficiently incorporate that SDI source into IP-based video capture and production workflows. It also encodes and converts NDI signals for output via the 3G-SDI output for editing, recording, and streaming via a computer.
The Spark Plus features Power over Ethernet, a portable form factor that is easy to mount, analog audio input and output, Program and Preview tally LED lights, NDI virtual input, multicast mode, and NDI network identification.
- 3G/HD/SD-SDI (75-ohm impedance) video input and output with embedded audio
- NDI input and output, compatible with any NDI workflow
- NDI transfer modes: unicast/multicast UDP with forward error correction (FEC) and unicast TCP
- Support for 1080p and 720p video at up to 60 frames per second
- Multicast mode
- Network identification to apply custom device and channel names
- Remote configuration and monitoring via web-based user interface
- 3.5mm analog audio line input and output
- Program and Preview tally LED
- Portable and mountable
- NDI virtual input compatible with popular desktop video applications via included software driver, including Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, Skype, Skype for Business, WebEx, Zoom, and more