The JBL LCT 81C/T full-range 2 x 2' ceiling tile loudspeaker (2-pack) is well suited for a variety of applications including classrooms, business music systems, retail stores, music/paging systems, airports, reception/waiting rooms, lounges, courtrooms, meeting rooms, and more. Designed for quick and easy installation, each tile is suspended in a ceiling grid with no cutting necessary. With a depth of only 4", the LCT 81C/T fits into locations where deeper loudspeakers do not.
Each tile is fitted with a highly efficient 8" dual-cone driver with a Kapton coil-former, which utilizes a high-temperature wire for better power dissipation and long-term reliability. The speaker's built-in 10-watt transformer provides versatility by allowing use on 100 or 70V distributed loudspeaker lines as well as at 8 ohms (low impedance) for driving directly from a low-impedance power amplifier. Adjusting is convenient via a rotary switch on the side of the rear enclosure. The speaker offers a frequency range of 100 Hz to 16 kHz, ensuring high speech intelligibility.
- Component: high-efficiency 8" dual-cone driver
- Easy lay-in installation into 2 x 2' US-style suspended grid ceilings. No cutting of ceiling tiles is necessary
- Perforated metal grille included
- Combined 70V/100V and low-impedance direct operation
- 20W at 8 ohms (low-impedance) direct setting
- 10W multitap at 70V/100V with taps at 10W, 5W, 2.5W (and 1.3W for 70V only)
- Very-low profile at just 4.1" deep, to fit into ceilings that are shallow or that contain obstructions
- Easy bare-wire connection in protected compartment. Wire entrance from either top or side via knock-out
- Very-high 96 dB sensitivity turns power from small amplifiers into maximum sound level for listeners
- Designed for high speech intelligibility
- 100° coverage pattern (conical)
- UL1480A and UL2043 certifications for use in ceiling plenum spaces