The Summit® X450-G2 series is based on Extreme Networks® revolutionary ExtremeXOS®, a highly resilient OS that provides continuous uptime, manageability and operational efficiency. Each switch offers the same high-performance, nonblocking hardware technology, in the Extreme Networks tradition of simplifying network deployments through the use of common hardware and software throughout the network.
The Summit X450-G2 switches are effective campus edge switches with IEEE 802.3at PoE-plus. The Summit X450-G2 series is also an option for DSLAM or CMTS aggregation, or for active Ethernet access.
Comprehensive Security Management
- Role-based policy and host integrity enforcement, and identity management
- Universal Port Dynamic Security Profiles to provide fine granular security policies in the network
- Threat detection and response instrumentation to react to network intrusion with CLEAR-Flow Security Rules Engine
- Denial of Service (DoS) protection and IP security against man-in-the-middle and DoS attacks to harden the network infrastructure
- Role-based Policy enables support for policy profiles to secure and provision network resources based upon the role the user or device plays within the network.
Flexible Port Configuration
All models come equipped with either 4 ports of SFP+ 10 GbE or 4 ports of SFP 1GbE resident on the faceplate of each model.
|Product Name||Summit X450-G2 Series X450-G2-48p-10GE4 - Switch - 48 Port|
|Manufacturer Part Number||16179|
|Product Type||Ethernet Switch|
|Ethernet Technology||Gigabit Ethernet
10 Gigabit Ethernet
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||4|
|Product Family||Summit X450-G2|
|Media Type Supported||Twisted Pair
|Total Number of Network Ports||48|
|Expansion Slot Type||SFP+
|Compatible Rack Unit||1U|
|Number of SFP+ Slots||4|
|Port / Expansion Slot Details||48 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
|Manufacturer||Extreme Networks Inc.|