The DM‑TX‑4KZ‑202‑C provides a versatile interface for ultra high-definition AV and computer sources as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. It functions as a DM 8G+® transmitter and switcher with two HDMI® inputs and as a control module, providing RS-232 and IR control ports, plus Ethernet and USB HID ports for a total connectivity solution.
4K60 4:4:4 & HDR Support
Crestron DigitalMedia was the world’s first AV signal distribution solution to deliver end-to-end 4K signal management for large-scale commercial and residential applications. DM 4KZ endpoints and cards enable new and existing DM® systems to handle full 4K60 4:4:4 video signals, as well as HDR video signals (HDR10), without having to replace any wiring or switchers. Any Crestron DM system that supports 4K can be upgraded to handle 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR by simply installing DM 4KZ based transmitters, receivers, and I/O cards.2
DM 4KZ technology employs VESA® Display Stream Compression (DSC) to enhance the capabilities of DigitalMedia to handle the extreme bandwidth requirement of resolutions beyond 4K30 4:4:4 and 4K60 4:2:0. DSC is a lightweight, line-based 2:1 compression standard that delivers visually lossless performance for 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR signals. DSC is applied only to 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR input signals. All other signals are transported uncompressed.
Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+) provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, power, Ethernet, and control signals over twisted pair copper wire. DM 8G+ transports uncompressed Full HD 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K signals over distances up to 330 ft (100 m) using Crestron DM Ultra Cable, Crestron DM 8G® Cable, or third-party CAT5e. Higher resolution signals up to UHD and 4K are supported over distances up to 330 ft (100 m) using DM Ultra Cable, 230 ft (70 m) using DM 8G Cable, or 165 ft (50 m) using CAT5e.1
Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. Via its DM 8G+ output, the DM‑TX‑4KZ‑202‑C can be connected directly to an HDBaseT compliant device without requiring a DM receiver.
Multimedia Computer/AV Interface
The DM‑TX‑4KZ‑202‑C provides simple switching among two HDMI . Both inputs support resolutions up to UHD and DCI 4K, and can also handle DVI and Dual-Mode DisplayPort™ signals using an appropriate adapter or interface cable.3 The inputs can be switched automatically for plug-and-play simplicity, or programmatically through a Crestron control system.
Local HDMI Output
An HDMI output is included to enable pass-through of the selected input signal to feed a local display, monitor, or sound system.6
Along with high-definition AV and control, DigitalMedia also integrates high-speed Ethernet networking for a total signal distribution solution. The DM‑TX‑4KZ‑202‑C includes a 10/100 Ethernet port, which can be used to provide a convenient LAN connection for a local network device.
Embedded Device Control
The DM‑TX‑4KZ‑202‑C includes built-in IR, RS-232, and Ethernet control ports to enable programmable control of the devices connected to it (via a control system). It also offers an alternative to such conventional control methods by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Through its connection to the control system, the DM‑TX‑4KZ‑202‑C provides a gateway for controlling the connected source devices right through their HDMI connections, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated control wires or IR emitters.
Crestron Connect It™
A Crestron Connect It Cable Caddy (TT-100 series) offers a convenient tabletop connectivity solution that works seamlessly with the DM‑TX‑4KZ‑202‑C. The cable caddy gets its power and control from the DM‑TX‑4KZ‑202‑C through a simple USB connection.
- 4K DigitalMedia 8G+® transmitter and multimedia interface
- Built-in 2x1 AV switcher with two HDMI® input3
- QuickSwitch HD™ technology manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
- Connects to a DM® switcher or receiver over a single CAT type twisted pair cable1
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for all resolutions up to UHD and 4K using DM Ultra cable1
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e1
- Supports cable lengths up to 230 ft (70 m) for UHD and 4K using DM 8G cable, or 165 ft (50 m) using CAT5e1
- HDBaseT® Certified standard — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Local HDMI output (DVI compatible6)
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS HD®,DTS:X®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Enables device control via CEC, IR, RS-232, and Ethernet
- Enables USB HID signal extension for a local computer5
- Compatible with Crestron® USB over Ethernet Extenders7
- Compatible with Crestron Connect It™ Cable Caddies8
- Powered via the DM connection or optional power pack, PW‑2412WU, (sold separately)4,5