The Crestron DM-NVX-E20 is a compact AV over IP encoder designed to transmit video with resolutions up to 4K60 4:2:0 over standard Gigabit Ethernet. Featuring secure web‑based control and management, an HDMI® input, an analog audio output, AES67 transmit and receive capability, and copper Ethernet connectivity with PoE support, the DM-NVX-E20 provides an encoder solution that offers price and performance optimization in a DM NVX network AV installation of any size.1, 2
Real-Time 4K60 Video Performance
Engineered for demanding conference room and classroom applications, the DM-NVX-E20 ensures real‑time, full‑motion 4K60 video performance for the presentation of multimedia, videoconferencing, and live camera images. Interactive functions such as gameplay and the use of a mouse are fluid and natural.
A DM NVX system is engineered for stability and ultimate reliability. Line‑synchronized outputs ensure perfect synchronization of content across multiple displays for applications such as digital signage. Variable Multicast TTL (Time To Live) enables traversing multiple network routers for optimal flexibility.
Using advanced security features and protocols such as 802.1X authentication, Active Directory® credential management, AES‑128 content encryption, PKI authentication, TLS, SSH, and HTTPS, a DM NVX system delivers a true enterprise‑grade network AV solution engineered to fulfill demanding IT policies.
The DM-NVX-E20 encoder provides one HDMI input that enables a laptop computer, camera, or other media source to be connected via an HDMI cable and then transmitted over the network to one or many decoders.1 Compatible with the DM-NVX-D20 and other DM NVX products that can function as decoders, the DM-NVX-E20 can be used in any DM NVX network AV design.
Analog Audio De-embedding
The analog audio output provides a stereo line‑level signal to feed a local sound system or sound bar. The output volume is adjustable via a control system or web browser.3
7.1 Surround Sound Audio
DM NVX technology supports the lossless transport of 7.1 surround sound audio signals, including Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS HD®, DTS:X®, and uncompressed linear PCM.
AES67 Audio Embedding or De-embedding
AES67 support allows the selected audio source to be transmitted as a 2-channel AES67 source while another 2‑channel AES67 audio stream is received from a Crestron DSP or other third-party device. The AES67 audio stream that is received can be combined with the video signal and then output via the HDMI output and analog audio output.
Device Control via RS-232, IR, and CEC
The DM-NVX-E20 includes built‑in COM (RS‑232) and IR ports for control of source devices under the management of a control system. Additional control capability is provided by CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) over the HDMI connection. Under the management of a control system, the DM-NVX-E20 can control a source device via CEC, potentially eliminating the need for dedicated serial cables or IR emitters.
Setup of the DM-NVX-E20 is accomplished by using a web browser. Full control and monitoring of the device is enabled through integration with a control system or with a DM NVX Director™ virtual switching appliance.
Streamlined Management Using DM NVX Director Virtual Switching Appliances
Use of a DM NVX Director virtual switching appliance (DM-NVX-DIR-80, DM-NVX-DIR-160, or DM-NVX-DIR-ENT) streamlines the entire configuration and control process. A DM NVX Director appliance provides a central point of management and enables the creation of multiple virtual matrix switchers through one easy‑to‑use web‑based portal.
- Support of video resolutions up to 4K60 4:2:0 over standard Gigabit Ethernet, 4K30 4:4:4 included
- Real-time video performance over the network
- Enterprise‑grade security including 802.1X, Active Directory® credential management, TLS, and AES‑128
- HDCP 2.3 compliance
- Encoder functionality for use with the DM-NVX-D20 or other DM NVX® products that can function as decoders
- One HDMI® input
- Adaptive bit rate
- Analog audio de-embedding
- 7.1 surround sound audio
- AES67 audio embedding or de-embedding
- Copper Ethernet connectivity with PoE support
- Automatic point-to-point connectivity with the DM-NVX-D20 or any DM NVX 4K60 4:4:4 product that can function as a decoder
- Device control via RS-232, IR, and CEC
- Easy setup using built-in web pages
- Compatibility with Crestron® 3-Series® or later control systems
- Streamlined management using DM NVX Director™ virtual switching appliances
- .AV Framework™ technology support
- XiO Cloud® service support
- Crestron Home™ OS support
- API for full control of the DM-NVX-E20
- Compact, surface-mountable design
- Powered via PoE or optional power pack (sold separately)