The Crestron DM‑NAX‑8ZSA is a next generation Audio‑over‑IP (AoIP) amplifier that puts Crestron multiroom audio distribution on the network. It provides eight amplified stereo zone (16-channel) outputs. Four stereo line-level outputs mirror speaker zone outputs 1-4. A dedicated streaming service player for each of the eight zones enables complete freedom to stream different content in every zone.
DM NAX™ is built on the AES67 standards with additional ease of configuration via a web interface, SIMPL Windows, C#, and/or a RESTful API. It is compatible with DM‑NVX® through the AES67 secondary audio stream and also with third-party AES67 solutions and Dante® via the compatibility mode enabled through Dante Controller. Full DSP capabilities are available on the line and speaker outputs.
Voltage triggers corresponding to the 4 stereo line-level analog outputs can be used to power on and off connected external amplifiers. The DM-NAX-8ZSA supports Synchronized Control to establish a large network of DM NAX devices that are all managed from a single interface.
DM NAX takes audio distribution to a whole new level by putting it onto the network. The scale of DM NAX far exceeds the capabilities of previous generations of Crestron distributed audio. A single Synchronized Control system can distribute audio to 32 devices, for a possible 256 audio output zones. DM NAX units integrate with DM NVX devices to pull audio from video feeds for rooms without displays.
Streaming and Casting Services
A dedicated streaming service player for each of the zones supporting AirPlay® 2, Spotify Connect™, Pandora®, SiriusXM®, iHeartRadio®, and more. The DM-NAX-8ZSA delivers streaming, routing, distribution, and amplification in a single device. Streams can be routed to other non-streaming AoIP amplifiers.
DSP capabilities such as bass and treble boost and cut, loudness, adjustable delay, speaker protection and limiting, tone profiles, a full 10-band EQ per output, and an option to have line output as a fixed or variable level with or without DSP applied are available.
Zones can be permanently bussed together (up to 4 buses available per unit, and up to all 8 zones can join a given bus) for simultaneous routing and control, or grouped dynamically with other zones for a temporary collection of zones that playback the same media.
Encoder and Decoder Functionality
The DM-NAX-8ZSA is configurable to operate as a network AV encoder and decoder. The analog line level sources, digital S/PDIF sources or media streams on one DM NAX can be sent to any other DM NAX or AES67 capable endpoint on the network.
DM NAX units can be managed and programmed either as standalone devices or as part of a larger cluster called Synchronized Control. Synchronized Control enables you to perform a majority of web interface configuration and management from a single browser window and IP address connection. When units are managed in a Synchronized Control, it enables you to consolidate programming and save IP IDs in SIMPL Windows. A Synchronized Control system supports up to 32 zones in a single bus.
- Audio-over-IP (AoIP) amplifier, puts Crestron® multiroom distributed audio on the network
- Robust, high-efficiency, audiophile grade amplification
- Built-in streaming services support
- 2 RU form factor, low power consumption, cool-running operation
- Built-in chime support
- Voice control support for Crestron Home™ OS
- 150 Watts/Ch. @ 8 Ohms or 300 Watts/Ch. @ 4 Ohms, with zones bridgeable up to 500 Watts/Ch.
- Provides eight amplified stereo zone (16-channel) outputs
- Four stereo line-level outputs mirror speaker zone outputs 1-4
- Output Bussing — enables linked operation of multiple adjacent zones
- Connects directly to a managed network to route to or from other DM NAX and DM NVX® devices
- Interoperable with Dante® audio networking devices via AES67 compatibility
- Includes 4 stereo unbalanced analog RCA and 4 SPDIF (2 TOSLINK® and 2 Coaxial) audio inputs
- Full DSP capabilities
- Individual zone power control and global standby
- Streamlined setup and adjustment via the device’s web interface
- Seamless Crestron system integration with Crestron Home and SIMPL Windows programming
- Support for Synchronized Control