The Crestron DM‑NAX‑4ZSP is a next-generation Audio‑over‑IP (AoIP) preamplifier that puts Crestron multiroom audio distribution on the network. It provides four stereo zone (8-channel) line-level outputs. A dedicated streaming service player enables streaming different content in each of the four zones.
The DM NAX™ platform is built on AES67 standards with additional ease of configuration via a web interface, SIMPL Windows, C#, and/or a RESTful API. It is compatible with the following:
- DM-NVX® platform through the AES67 secondary audio stream
- Third-party AES67 solutions
- Dante® devices via the compatibility mode enabled through Dante Controller
Full DSP capabilities are available on the line and speaker outputs.
Voltage triggers corresponding to the 4 stereo line-level analog outputs can be used to power connected external amplifiers on and off. The DM-NAX-4ZSP supports Synchronized Control to establish a large network of DM NAX devices that are all managed from a single interface.
DM NAX takes audio distribution to a whole new level by putting it onto the network. The scale of DM NAX far exceeds the capabilities of previous generations of Crestron distributed audio. A single Synchronized Control system can distribute audio to 32 devices, for a possible 256 audio output zones. DM NAX units integrate with DM NVX devices to pull audio from video feeds for rooms without displays.
Streaming and Casting Services
A dedicated media service player is available for each of the zones supporting AirPlay® 2, Spotify Connect™, Pandora®, SiriusXM® streaming and casting services, and more. The DM‑NAX‑4ZSP delivers streaming, routing, distribution, and preamplification in a single device. Streams can be routed to other non-streaming AoIP devices.
A library of chimes is built into the unit. Chimes can be assigned to different zones to help identify them. Whenever a chime is triggered, the zone audio will duck or pause, so the chime can be clearly heard over active media until the chime concludes.
DSP capabilities such as bass and treble boost and cut, loudness, adjustable delay, output limiting, tone profiles, a full 10-band EQ per output, and an option to have line output as a fixed or variable level with or without DSP applied are available.
Zones can be permanently bussed together (up to 4 buses available per unit, and up to all 4 zones can join a given bus) for simultaneous routing and control, or grouped dynamically with other zones for a temporary collection of zones that playback the same media.
Encoder and Decoder Functionality
The DM-NAX-4ZSP is configurable to operate as a network AV encoder and decoder. The analog line level sources, digital S/PDIF sources or media streams on one DM NAX can be sent to any other DM NAX or AES67 capable endpoint on the network.
DM NAX units can be managed and programmed either as standalone devices or as part of a larger cluster called Synchronized Control. Synchronized Control enables you to perform a majority of web interface configuration and management from a single browser window and IP address connection. When units are managed in a Synchronized Control, it enables you to consolidate programming and save IP IDs in SIMPL Windows. A Synchronized Control system supports up to 32 zones in a single bus.
- Audio-over-IP (AoIP) preamplifier, puts Crestron multiroom distributed audio on the network
- Built-in streaming services support
- 1 RU form factor, low power consumption, cool-running operation
- Built-in chime support
- Provides four stereo zone (8-channel) line-level outputs
- Voice control support for Crestron Home™ OS
- Output Bussing — enables linked operation of multiple adjacent zones
- Connects directly to a managed network to route to or from other DM NAX™ and DM NVX® devices
- Interoperable with Dante® audio networking devices via AES67 compatibility
- Full DSP capabilities
- Streamlined setup and adjustment via the device’s web interface
- Seamless Crestron system integration with Crestron Home and SIMPL Windows programming
- Support for Synchronized Control