DigitalMedia™ isn't just for large, expensive homes and facilities. The DM-MD6X4 DigitalMedia Distribution Center provides a very simple and cost-effective solution for distributing multiple high-definition sources to up to four rooms as part of a complete Crestron® system. Featuring DigitalMedia 8G+® and HDBaseT® technologies, the DM-MD6X4 delivers ultra-reliable, ultra high-bandwidth signal routing over inexpensive CAT5e wiring. Everything about the DM-MD6X4 is engineered to deliver a transparent user experience and the highest performance.
HD Matrix Switcher
The DM-MD6X4 provides six HDMI® inputs to handle HDTV receivers, DVD or Blu-ray Disc® players, media servers, computers, and other HD digital sources. Outputs include one HDMI and three DigitalMedia ports, furnishing simple one-wire connectivity for a local display or audio processor, and three additional displays anywhere in the house. Six-by-four matrix switching allows any display to view any source at any time.
Crestron DM 8G+™ technology affords the ultimate in simplicity, providing a true one-wire interface for distributing high-definition video, audio, Ethernet, power, and control signals to multiple displays throughout a residence or commercial structure. Simply connect a DM 8G+ receiver at each flat-panel display or projector for a complete AV and control interface. Just one CAT5e wire run to each receiver transports pure, uncompressed Full HD 1080p video, 7.1 surround sound audio, 10/100 Ethernet, power, and control signals for a fully integrated media system with minimal wiring. DM 8G+ allows for wire runs up to 330 feet (100 meters) using CAT5e or Crestron DigitalMedia 8G™ Cable.
Handling high-definition digital media means handling HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), the encryption scheme that content providers use to protect their DVDs, Blu-ray™ Discs, and broadcast signals against unauthorized copying. Viewing HDCP encrypted content requires the source device to "authenticate" each display in the system and issue it a "key" before the content can be viewed. Ordinarily this causes a complete loss of signal for up to 15 seconds each time a new source or display is selected anywhere in the system. To make matters worse, every source device has a limited number of keys available, so connect too many displays and the source will simply stop outputting a signal without warning.Not to worry — Crestron QuickSwitch HD manages the keys for every HDCP-compliant device in the system, maintaining continuous authentication for each device to ensure fast, reliable routing of any source to any number of display devices.
- Provides a low-cost, high-performance multiroom HD AV signal routing solution
- Distributes uncompressed digital video and audio over CAT5e twisted pair wire 
- Affords a true one-wire solution using DigitalMedia 8G+® technology
- HDBaseT® Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Features independently-switchable DM 8G+™ or HDBaseT outputs for 3 remote displays
- Allows up to 330 ft (100 m) wire distance to each display
- Includes one HDMI® output for a local display or audio processor
- Provides inputs for 6 HDMI, DVI, or DisplayPort Multimode sources 
- Handles video resolutions up to Full HD 1080p
- Handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP compliant
- QuickSwitch HD® technology manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
- Auto-Locking™ technology achieves rapid switching between disparate sources
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Allows independent scaling for every display through select DM® receivers 
- Enables USB HID mouse and keyboard signal extension
- Expanded USB routing capabilities available using USB-EXT-DM USB over Ethernet Extenders 
- Includes integrated Ethernet switch
- Private Network Mode — requires just one IP address for the complete DM system
- Provides Power over DM for PoDM compatible receivers
- Provides easy setup and diagnostics tools via front panel or software
- Includes built-in universal power supply
- Allows native Crestron® system integration via Ethernet
- Standard component width or 2-space rack-mountable