A fully modular and expandable 16x16 DigitalMedia matrix switcher offering ultra-fast digital video and audio switching and lossless HD multiroom signal distribution for all types of AV sources. Based on the 3-Series® platform. Provides complete management of SD, HD, UHD, 2K, 4K60 4:4:4 HDR, and computer signals with advanced HDCP support, EDID resolution management, CEC signal management, USB signal routing, integrated Ethernet switch, simultaneous 7.1 and stereo audio, H.264 streaming, and a full range of selectable input and output types.
The DM-MD16X16-CPU3 delivers an advanced 4K60 4:4:4 AV signal routing solution to provide the foundation for a complete DigitalMedia™ system. The DM-MD16X16-CPU3 affords ultra fast switching and lossless distribution of HDMI® and other signals to support digital media players, HDTV receivers, computers, cameras, and display devices.
The DM-MD16X16-CPU3 is configurable to handle up to 16 AV sources. The outputs are configurable to provide up to 16 DM, HDBaseT®, and/or HDMI outputs, or up to 8 H.264 streaming outputs, in a single chassis.1 Based on the 3‑Series® platform, the DM‑16X16‑CPU3 provides enterprise‑grade security.
Integrated Ethernet networking and USB distribution provide a complete connectivity solution combined with built‑in Crestron® control 2 for managing the displays and other room devices without any additional wiring. User‑friendly operation, setup, and troubleshooting tools are provided through the DM‑16X16‑CPU3 front panel, or via Crestron Toolbox™ software, to allow for easy setup. A web browser interface is also provided.3
4K Ultra HD
The DM‑16X16‑CPU3 is designed to meet the extreme bandwidth requirements for handling 4K and Ultra HD video signals. Support for 4K video also ensures support for the latest generation of computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA.4
DigitalMedia 8G+® Technology
The DM‑16X16‑CPU3 provides full support for Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ devices as well as first-generation DM CAT 8,10 and DM Fiber 9,10 products, letting you take advantage of the latest Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ technology.
A DigitalMedia 8G+ system handles high resolution video signals and can simultaneously distribute stereo and multichannel surround sound signals that support high bitrate 7.1 audio formats as well as uncompressed linear PCM. Signals are transported over one CAT type twisted pair cable or one strand of multimode or single-mode fiber.
- Delivers a unified HD signal distribution solution incorporating both point-to-point wired and IP streaming technologies
- Provides lossless HD AV signal routing over twisted pair copper wire or fiber
- Integrates video, audio, networking, and control over one wire or fiber strand
- Enables high-performance H.264 streaming from any input source up to 1080p or WUXGA
- Provides a built‑in CONTENT LAN port for streaming
- Affords full matrix switching with ultra high 12.5 Gbps backplane data rate
- Handles HDMI® devices with Deep Color, 3D, 4K, and high‑bitrate 7.1 encoded audio
- HDBaseT® Certified device — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- HDCP 2.2 compliant via 4K input and output cards
- Distributes Full HD 1080p, Ultra HD, and 4K signals via DM 8G+® and HDBaseT connectivity
- Distributes 1080p and WUXGA signals over via DM 8G® Fiber or via DM 8G® SM Fiber
- Allows streaming of 1080p signals over an IP network with no distance limitations
- Supports first‑generation DM® CAT and DM® Fiber products
- Configurable with up to 16 DM, HDBaseT, and/or HDMI outputs
- Configurable with up to 8 streaming outputs
- Easy output expansion using multiple DM switchers
- Modular inputs support a complete range of digital, analog, and streaming signal types
- QuickSwitch HD™ technology manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
- Auto-Locking® technology achieves rapid switching between disparate sources
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Enables device control via CEC
- Allows independent scaling for every display through select output cards and DM receivers
- Distributes and routes USB HID mouse and keyboard signals
- Allows full audio and USB breakaway switching
- Supports analog audio embedding and de‑embedding
- Includes integrated Ethernet switch with Gigabit LAN port
- Private Network Mode — requires just one IP address for the complete DM system
- Secure access through full user/group management or Active Directory® credential management integration
- Hardware level security using 802.1X authentication
- TLS, SSL, SSH, and SFTP network security protocols
- Includes a built‑in web server
- 7‑space 19 in. (483 mm) rack‑mountable